Career planning is an important part of high school. Students should be considering what their strengths are and what types of employment interest them. Hopefully a career can be found at the intersection of interests and strengths.
Below are other useful tools for career inventories and career information:
- Indiana Career Explorer - This state sponsored service is an excellent free source for career assessments..
- Learn More Indiana - This state sponsored web site offers career info and career inventories. It is an excellent resource for all things career!
- Bureau of Labor Statistics Career Information Page- This is great page to explore all things career related. It is created specifically for high school students.
- My College Quick Start - PSAT/NMSQT takers can use this free college and career planning tool after they have taken the PSAT by using a code given in their results. The PSAT is given to all 10th graders at DHS. .
- ASVAB - This military readiness test is given once a year at DHS by military personnel. Though the test is for military entrance, part of the test is used to help students determine personal aptitude at a particular career. Any student can sign up for this test regardless of their interest the military.
- Union Apprenticeship Programs- This lists all of the various labor programs where paid training can be gained through the unions.
- Military Careers - Links to military sites
- Occupational Outlook Handbook - Comprehensive career information including required education, earnings, and job outlook