March 13, 2020
Bronco School Community,
The coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic is an evolving situation which has now impacted schools in Delaware County. Our earlier communication regarding precautions and symptoms remains a valuable resource and is located on our website at www.daleville.k12.in.us.
We are joining other Delaware County schools in moving to an eLearning format beginning Monday, March 16. At the present time, normal school is scheduled to resume after Spring Break on April 6.
- Monday (March 16) will NOT have eLearning lessons. Use the day to make any arrangements or plans as needed in response to the new situation.
- Tuesday through Friday (March 17-20) will be eLearning days. Lessons will be posted by 9:00 AM and will be due Monday, April 6.
- Teachers will be available to be reached by students and parents through Unified Classroom messaging or other means specified by the teacher between 9-3 on eLearning days.
- WiFi will be available in the parking lots of each school daily between 8:00 AM and 8:00 PM.
- Meals for eLearning days will be available beginning on Wednesday (March 18). On Monday (March 16) you will receive an online order form through SchoolMessenger for meal packets. Each meal packet for this week will contain 3 breakfasts and 3 lunches. We ordered the food for the packets today but it will not be delivered until Tuesday.
- Meals will not be provided during Spring Break (March 23 through April 3). If eLearning extends beyond our Spring Break, we will offer weekly meal packets (5 breakfasts & 5 lunches).
This is an evolving situation and circumstances may require us to adjust our plans at any given time. We will continue to provide you with updated communications through SchoolMessenger, Facebook, Twitter and the school website. Our school community remains foremost in our thoughts as we evaluate and respond to new information. We will continue to look for ways to help ease the educational impact of the pandemic on our school community.
Paul Garrison, Superintendent
David Stashevsky, Assistant Superintendent