Virtual Learning Option (Daleville Jr/Sr High School)
The virtual learning option at DHS will be conducted using a live (synchronous) method.
Virtual (synchronous) instruction takes place when a virtual learning student(s) is able to join a live streamed lesson from another location and is participating in real-time with other virtual students as well as students physically in the class.
Example: A student joins a Zoom/google meeting with their teacher and other students during a 7:55 AM math class
- It is the expectation that students in grades 7-12 will have live daily instruction via Zoom/google with their teachers at the time of their scheduled classes.
- If participating as a virtual learner, students will be expected to participate five-days-a-week.
- If a student chooses virtual learning, he or she must commit to it for at least nine-weeks. After each quarter, the student may continue with virtual learning or choose to return to in-person learning.
- Regardless if students are attending on-site or remote, each day will count as a “student day” with the expectations that all students are accountable for completion of all assigned work within the time frame provided by the teacher.
- Virtual learners will receive grades under the same guidelines as in-person learners.
- Those who choose the virtual learning option will be contacted by administration about chromebook and textbook pick-up slated for August 5th and 6th.
* 7th and 8th grade students who choose the virtual option will only participate virtually in their core classes of English, math, science, social studies and health.
** An email has been sent to the guardians of all enrolled students which contains a link to the Virtual Learning Option. Families choosing the Virtual Learning Option must fill out the form by July 31st. If you have not received the email please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 765-378-3371 to have one sent.